Cranial Nerve Sequencing:
Natural Stress Relief & Self-empowerment
- get tools for stress reduction that you can use anytime, anywhere
- let go of visual strain
- relieve neck and back pain
- recover balance and coordination
What is cranial nerve sequencing? I guide you step by step through an experience of all 12 cranial nerves using the Alexander Technique principles. You will learn the basic anatomy and function of each nerve, and learn practices you can use to explore each one on your own.
Stress is a part of life, and our bodies are brilliantly evolved to handle it. Understanding how your body is designed to deal with stress allows you to experience and move through it instead of getting stuck inside it.
CNS sequencing activates a free and delicate articulation of head and spine, resetting overall coordination throughout your whole body. It provides the easiest possible access to the free neck, balanced head, resonant voice, and dynamic postural tone that the Alexander Technique is famous for.
Access deep mobility, coordination, and balance:
Each session is focused on mapping one cranial nerve, exploring its function, and discovering if it's over or under activated. Either state can be the hidden cause of stress and strain.
We take time to re-integrate your sense of "whole-self" (after exploring one "separate" nerve) and to address your personal needs, concerns, and questions. That's why we only work with one nerve per session.
- Have persistent visual strain or headaches
- Struggle to stay in touch with your own body while working with clients
- Suffer from daily back ache or pain
- Experience jaw tension that you can't release
- Work online and suffer from Zoom burnout
- Depend on outside influences to calm your nervous system (like Facebook, TV, alcohol, or other compulsive stuff that doesn't work)
- Thrive in a learning environment based on empowerment and self-discovery
- Want an educational ally on your healing journey that will see you as whole person instead of treating an isolated symptom
CRANIAL NERVE SEQUENCING IS GOING TO HELP YOU.
It's designed to:
- Give you control over your reactivity
- Support you in maintaining self-efficacy and good boundaries
- Create openness and receptivity to others without overwhelm
- Prevent burnout before it happens so you don’t have to recover from it
- Generate smooth and fluid movement of eyes, jaw, tongue, and throat
- Elicit strong, coordinated postural tone throughout your body to prevent and heal injury
Here's how you can get started!
Single Cranial Nerve Sequencing session
- 55 minutes -
Let's make sure I understand your goals and can help you achieve them.
Let’s try working together and see if it’s a good fit.
New Yorkers: Wednesdays 1pm - 8pm. Balance Arts, 151 West 30 Street, Manhattan
12 one-to-one sessions, one for each cranial nerve. Email and text support between session, educational charts & illustrations included.
Clare has a creative and playful way of teaching online that gets people out of their zoom boxes and into in their body. Her ability to help me find the same ease I found with hands-on work in person was truly profound. Her work is a testament to how subtle changes can have such big ripple effects.
Communication Coach for Introverts
Clare is a body whisperer. I’ve been working with her during the COVID pandemic through my recovery from multiple brain surgeries and spinal meningitis. Our work together has been an important part of my healing journey, providing me with more tools for working with my nervous system and welcoming more ease into the day. Just thinking about our sessions relaxes and grounds me.
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and start connecting to your own body intelligence now with a steady diet of educational content that is easy to understand and supported by concrete practices that you can do on your own.
“Stress is not the problem.
Stress is not bad for you; being stuck is bad for you.”